Witch’s Rock & Ollie’s Point
Surf Trip by Boat!
About These Surf Breaks
Witch’s Rock & Ollie’s Point surf breaks are the perfect surf trip / day trip from Tamarindo! We recommend this trip for advanced surfers but it is occasionally accessible to beginner and intermediate surfers as well.
Witch’s Rock, also known as Witches Rock or, in Spanish, Roca Bruja, is a heavy wave in open ocean. There are multiple peaks so you get a shot at left and right hand waves. It became famous in the film Endless Summer and has been a must-surf for advanced surfers looking to score great waves ever since!
Ollie’s Point is a (slightly) lesser-known surf break made famous in Endless Summer 2, but equally as awesome. It is a right-hand point break that offers rides up to 300 meters long!
These two breaks work on different tides and swells, making them a great combination for a full day of surfing on the open ocean! If you’re extra lucky, your captain may just give you a session at a more hush-hush break if the right conditions align (we just request that you don’t surf and tell – help us keep these gems uncrowded)!
- Private Roundtrip Ground Transportation from Tamarindo
- Boat trip to Witch’s Rock & Ollie’s Point surf breaks
- Local Captain/Crew that know the waves and the tides
- Drinks & Snack
- National Park Fee
What’s the schedule for surfing Witch’s Rock & Ollie’s Point?
Approximately 6 am – 4 pm includes:
- Pickup from your accommodations in Tamarindo around 6 am.
- ~1.5 hour ground transport to Playa del Coco
- ~6 hour surf trip by boat to Witch’s Rock and Ollie’s Point
- ~1.5 hour ground transport return to Tamarindo
What to Bring?
- Surfboard & Leash
- Reef Safe Sunscreen
- Surf Wax
- Lunch or Extra Snacks (it’s a long day out there)
- Motion Sickness Medication (if you are prone to seasickness)
- Change of clothes for the ride home